Human trafficking is a crime that often goes underreported due to its covert nature, various misconceptions about its definition, and a lack of awareness about its indicators on the local level. The materials below outline general information about human trafficking and include documents that discuss basic background information, past trafficking cases, potential red flags and other relevant resources to better comprehend the complexity of this crime. These materials aim to raise awareness about human trafficking and educate individuals and communities about and how to recognize this crime and play an active role in the anti-human trafficking movement...
Materials Included Below:
- Human Trafficking Cheat Sheet
- Common Myths and Misconceptions
- Types of Trafficking Cases in the U.S.
- Types of Trafficking Indicators
- Understanding Victims’ Mindsets
- The AMP Model
- Federal Sex Trafficking Cases
- Labor Trafficking and Forced Labor Cases