Each individual victim of human trafficking deserves comprehensive services. The horrific experience of being trafficked is unimaginable. At Polaris Project, we endeavor to provide 24 hour services to victims of trafficking through out national and local offices in Washington, D.C. and Newark, NJ.
We are motivated by the stories of those we help, and utilize our on-the-ground knowledge to inform our policy and implementation strategies. We work with policymakers, law enforcement, and the public in order to raise awareness and alter the structures that allow slavery to exist in the modern world.
Your gift will enable Polaris Project to achieve our central goal of creating long-term solutions while directly supporting the children, women and men who desperately need our help. Polaris Project is committed to supporting those who need us, no matter where they are in their journey.
- $25 supports operation of the national hotline for an hour during an overnight shift
- $50 provides food for a survivor and her children for 1 week
- $180 or $15/month can help us meet the critical needs of male and female survivors who are reaching out to the hotline for emergency services
- $360 or $30/month can help the hotline facilitate an immediate crisis response to a child who calls in trying to escape another night with a violent pimp
- $600 or $50/month provides 1 month of transitional housing for 1 survivor
- $1,200 or $100/month supports on-the-ground advocacy efforts to improve legislation in 1 state for 6 months
The above calculations are based on 2010 budget averages. Each unrestricted gift is a contribution to support the entire mission of Polaris Project.