This Fellowship Position has been filled. Please visit us in June 2014 to apply for the Fall 2014 session.
The Information Technology (IT) Fellow has the opportunity to work alongside the IT & Operations team to support Polaris Project's HQ Office. This position will provide firsthand experience in maintaining, improving, implementing, and troubleshooting IT systems throughout the organization.
If you love fast-paced, innovative environments and can dive-in and learn on the go, Polaris Project is the place for you to hone your skills and make a difference. As we expand our data systems and infrastructure, this position comes with great growth potential and direct interface with industry giants.
Hiring Manager – Lionel Luis
- Maintaining and repairing hardware and software
- Providing basic networking, general technical support, and problem solving
- Additional opportunities for major projects
- Major projects will also include research, planning, and implementing new IT systems throughout the organization
- Assisting with database administration
- Experience with troubleshooting in a Windows network environment
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other database/CRM applications
- Commitment to human rights issues
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX
- Experience with basic computer hardware modifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with website development and maintenance
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong, independent work ethic
- Reliable and organized
- Ability to teach others